About Mark Chernin
Mark Chernin uses his photography to evoke an emotional response in his viewers. His love of photography began while he was in college in the 1960’s, a period of social upheaval in the United States that used photography to demonstrate the political activism and national debate the country was experiencing. As he continued to study art, he discovered the paintings of the Hudson River School and was moved by the artists abilities to capture the luminous qualities of light, tonality and saturation. Over the last 6 decades, Chernin has been able to study with prominent photographers, and display his work in national juried fine art photography exhibitions along with several of his own solo exhibitions. Most recently Mark won a First Place in his category at the First Annual National Arts Competition at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (2011).
Artist Personal Website: www.markcherninphotography.com
Artist Email: email@example.com
“My interest in photography was inspired some 40 years ago when I studied the artists of the Hudson River School of painting. Their “luminary art” depicts various forms of light and inspired me to create images that evoke an emotional response in my viewers. I consider my work as photo art, a creative endeavor that lifts my spirit.
The images that you see are products of years of travel, education and consultation with many photographer/artists. The culmination has been the development of a creative process that I hope to continue throughout my life.
I hope you enjoy these images as much as I did in creating them.”
- One Man Fine Art Photography Exhibit. Heldrich Hotel, New Brunswick, New Jersey, “Tuscany: A Photographic Journey”
- Alfa Art Gallery, New Brunswick, N.J. Group Photographic Salon. https://www.alfaart.org/our-artists/mark-chernin/ Juried Exhibit.
- Group Multimedia Exhibit. Rabbet Gallery, New Brunswick, New Jersey Inaugural Exhibit, Artists Without Walls, Co-Founder
- Mark E. Chernin One Man Photography Exhibit. Johnson & Johnson Corporate Art Program (Selection Committee) New Jersey Artists Exhibition Series Group Mixed Media Show. Atrium Gallery (Selection Committee)
- Atrium Gallery, Administration and Records Building, Morristown, New Jersey Solo Exhibition.
- The Nassau Club, Princeton, New Jersey Group Print Show. Two Prints Selected
- Hunterdon Museum of Art (Juried) 49th Annual National Juried Print Exhibit, Clinton, New Jersey Group Fine Art Exhibit (Juried).
- Gallery 125, Trenton, New Jersey Group Fine Art Photography Exhibit (Juried).
- 13th Annual Phillips Mill Photographic Exhibition, New Hope, Pennsylvania Solo Photography Exhibit
First Place Intermediate Category, First Annual National Arts Competition, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey