Alfa Art Gallery believes that Visual Art is the ultimate form of communication and is therefore universal in its expression. Our mission is to support emerging and well established artists and to give their work exposure and a critical following within the art community. Our goal is to conduct local, national and international art exhibitions including: oil color, water color, mixed media, sculptures, photography, crafts and glass works.
March 6, 2020
Alfa Art Gallery is excited to exhibit Betty Jacobsen, Meredeth Turshen, and Yvonne Skaggs’ latest collaboration, “Life Distilled.” The show features representative works from their numerous explorations in watercolor, drawing, collage, and mixed media. The exhibition will launch with a celebratory opening reception on March 12, 2020; all are welcome! To learn more about the three artists and how they came together to create this three-person show, check out this article from New Jersey Monthly Magazine (HTML)!
Current Staff Members:
Spring 2022 Interns:
- Ajani Andrade, Graphic Design Intern
- Annie Tzvetanova, Photography and Video Intern
- Aurelie Milandou, Public Relations and Social Media Intern
- Eva Iskhakova, Curatorial Intern/Program Development Intern
- Gisel Reyes Lopez, Public Relations, Web and Social Media Intern
- Jennifer Laurard, Public Relations, Web and Social Media Intern
- Nicole Pondaco, Public Relations and Social Media Intern
- Sarah Ali, Public Relations and Social Media Intern
- Shefali Sahay, Photography Intern/Graphic Design Intern
- Sonam Salvi, Program Development Intern
- Twyla Graham, Curatorial Intern/Public Relations and Social Media Intern
- Wesley Gonzalez, Photography and Video Intern
Fall 2021 Interns:
- Alejandro Gonzalez, Public Relations and Social Media Intern
- Alyssa Rose, Photography and Video Intern/Public Relations and Social Media Intern
- Canyi (Joy) Ma, Graphic Design Intern
- Dalvin Long, Public Relations and Social Media Intern
- Hannah Lee, Program Development Intern
- Jacinda Nembhard, Public Relations and Social Media Intern
- Josephine Sadorf, Photography and Video Intern
- Josephine McCoy, Photography and Video Intern/Public Relations and Social Media Intern
- Julia Saniewska, Curatorial Intern
- Kate Rei Perrin, Curatorial Intern
- Li-Chen (Maggie) Yen, Public Relations, Web & Social Media Intern
- Simran Kaur, Program Development Intern
- Szu-Ju (Christina) Chen, Curatorial Intern
- Twyla Graham, Public Relations and Social Media Intern
Alfa Art Gallery accomplishes as much as it does thanks to the assistance of many volunteers and interns. Our internship program is available to college students and recent graduates. This is an excellent opportunity to gain real-world work experience in an art gallery environment.
The internships positions are unpaid, but interns may arrange with their college to receive course credit (each department does things differently but there is usually some sort of internship proposal form. Talk to your department heads for more info). In exchange for their work interns will also gain valuable experience in a dynamic nonprofit arts environment and will receive an evaluation form and letter of recommendation at the end of their internship.
To apply for an internship, or to volunteer, please review the available positions below and send us your resume and cover letter letting us know which you’re interested in. Please tell us about your skills, and let us know your available start date and hours. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please e-mail a resume to email@example.com.
Make a donation and help us continue enriching New Brunswick’s cultural life with exciting and captivating new events, and inspiring educational programs.
The Alfa Art Gallery is a fully recognized tax exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. All donations are tax deductible. You can make a donation online or by mail.
108 Church Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Phone/Fax: (732) 296-6720
- Church Street Deck (on Church Street, below George Street – 2 minute walk)
- Middlesex County College Deck (corner of New Street and Joyce Kilmer Avenue – 10 minute walk)
- Morris Street Deck (Corner of George and New Streets – 5 minutes walk) – entrance on New Street
- Wolfson Deck (corner of Neilsen Street & Liberty Street – 5 minute walk) – entrance on New Street
- Bayard Lot (directly behind the Playhouse – arrive early; fills up quickly on performance nights!)
Alfa Art Gallery is located at 108 Church Street, in the heart of downtown New Brunswick, New Jersey.
New Brunswick, also known as “the Healthcare City”, is a city in the County of Middlesex, New Jersey (USA). It is noted for its rich ethnic heritage. At one time, one quarter of the Hungarian population in New Jersey resided in the city. Today, much of that Hungarian community continues to thrive.