The Beez Foundation To Team Up With Alfa Art Gallery To Give Pediatric Cancer Patients Art From The Heart — January 12th, 2008
Somerset, NJ – The Beez Foundation, a nonprofit organization aimed at fighting pediatric brain cancer, is teaming up with Alfa Art Gallery in New Brunswick to host a day of art activities on Saturday, January 12, 2008 at the gallery. The theme of the workshop is to have each piece of artwork contain an image of a hat, in an effort to make people aware of the trauma that kids feel when they lose their hair during cancer treatments. Exhibiting and invited artists will assist in the workshop.
“We are very excited about this new venture with Alfa Art Gallery. We are planning a great day for the children involved and hope to raise more awareness and funds for this very important cause. We have been looking for a way to unveil our Art From The Heart program and this event will be a perfect fit,” said Susan Giardina, co-founder of The Beez Foundation.
The Beez Foundation raises money and public awareness to cure brain cancer through research, public awareness, and related support activities for pediatric cancer treatment.
The Beez Foundation will be making their annual grants at their upcoming Annual Awards Gala on Saturday, February 23rd at the Martinsville Inn from 7:00 pm to 12:00 am. The organization will host a Casino Night with games, music, a silent auction, and much more to help raise money and awareness for the fight against pediatric brain cancer.
For more information about The Beez Foundation’s upcoming events, including the Awards Gala, please call (732) 563-1144 or visitwww.beezfoundation.org.
Art From The Heart
- Submit one piece of artwork using a “hat” theme. This can be, but not limited to: photos, sketches, paintings, fabric, paper, or actual hats. Decorate your art with any medium of your choosing. Since this is a charity event, The Beez Foundation will be unable to reimburse you for the art supplies you use in your work.
- Return your artwork to
The Beez Foundation
C/O DSI FR systems, Inc
26 H Worlds Fair Drive
Somerset, NJ 08873
732-563-1144 (Susan Giardina)
- All artwork should be received by The Beez Foundation, no later than Wednesday May 30, 2007 to be considered for the art show. Enclose a short bio of the artist, including name age and a photo if possible. This information will be used to identify the art piece at the exhibit.
- Since this is a family-oriented affair, please make sure that the artwork is something appropriate for the entire family. The Beez Foundation reserves the right not to show a piece of art if it is deemed inappropriate.
- All works of art become the property of The Beez Foundation and the artist gives up all rights to such artwork.
- The art will be displayed at a local establishment early summer.
- The art will be judged by a panel in the following areas,
– Most whimsical
– Most unique
– Best idea
- The artwork may be included in a local tour of community libraries throughout the summer/early fall.
- The pieces that are to be part of the art tour will become the property of the winning auction bidder, at the end of the tour, estimated to be Labor Day, but payment is expected to be made that evening of the art show.
- Any questions, please contact
Thea Giardina, Event Chair