About Vincent Buchinsky
I have been making art as far back as I can remember. It is a natural need that all children have and for me it continues till this day. It just feels natural… I am happiest and most fulfilled when in the process making art.
The pieces that I entered for this exhibition entertain the idea of painting as an object versus painting as an illusion. For some of them I reused pieces of old paintings I had done in 1976 combining them with cold wax medium and oil colors to create something new. These recombined new compositions led to the use of styrofoam and wood with oil and cold wax medium assemblages.
Inspiration for my artwork is based on visual abstraction of personal life events, and runs parallel to my emotions.
Currently I am exploring painting as an illusion.
- 2019 “1:26 The Art of Epilepsy” Artists for Humanity’s EpiCenter, Boston, MA
- 2019 “Skylands Juried Art Exhibition”. SCA&HC, Newton, NJ
- 2019 “New Visions”, ARTery Gallery, Milford, PA
- 2018 1:26 The Art of Epilepsy, The Nursery by Southwinds, Irvine, CA
- 2018 1:26 The Art of Epilepsy Jackson Junge Gallery, Chicago, IL
- 2018 New Jersey Art Association, various exhibitions NJ.
- 2018 Art Association for Roxbury, various exhibitions NJ.
- 2018 “Skylands Juried Art Exhibition”. SCA&HC, Newton, NJ
- 2017 Art sales, “Hidden Truths Project”, CA.
- 2016 New Jersey State Fair, Augusta, NJ, “Best in Show”
- 2016 Art Space Gallery, Stroudsburg, PA, “Members Group Show”
- 2016 Art Space Gallery, Stroudsburg, PA, Second Place, “Abstraction Group Show”
- 2016 Art Space Gallery, Stroudsburg, PA, “Earth Speaks” Group Show
- 2016 Zufall Health Center, Dover NJ, “Celebration” paintings on display
- 2016 Twenty-seven paintings on permanent display, Memorial Care Imaging Center, Ca.
- 2015 Ten paintings on display for Hidden Truths Project, Costa Mesa, CA
- 2015 Hill Top Country Day School, Sparta NJ
- 2015 Group Show, Grey Matter Museum of Art, Costa Mesa, CA,
- 2015 “Perceptions”, Group Show, Spring Street Art Center, Newton, NJ
- 2014 “Creativity Made Visible”, One Person Show, Spring Street Art Center, Newton, NJ
- 2014 Group Show, Art Etc. Gallery, Hamburg, NJ
- 2014 “Home”, Group Show, Mahoney Art Gallery, College of St. Elizabeth, Morristown, NJ
- 2014 Group Show, Dax Gallery, Costa Mesa, CA
- 2014 Group Show, Spring Street Art Center, Newton, NJ
- 2013 Paintings, Susan Nelson Art Gallery in Newport Beach, CA
- 2012 Digital Prints, Susan Nelson Art Gallery in Newport Beach, CA
- 2012 Giving Voice, The Gallery at 14 Maple, Morristown, NJ, In conjunction with 14th Biennial Dodge Poetry Festival, Group Show
- 2008 Inside and Out, Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation Visual Artist Educator Fellows, College of Saint Elizabeth, Morristown, NJ
- 2008 One Person Show, Performing Arts Building, Opening Show, Sussex County Community College
- 2005 Temple University, Boyer College of Music and Dance, Philadelphia, PA, Images used for opening performance of “When the Spirit Catches You”, musical composition by Dr. Cynthia Folio, Associate Professor of Music Theory.
- 2002 The Sussex County Arts & Heritage Council, Juried Exhibition.
- 2002 Sussex County Community College Art Gallery, Faculty Show
- 1999 Sussex County Community College Art Gallery, One Person Show