Petko Radilov has a degree of MA in International Journalism from Sofia University and MA in Direction “Krastjo Sarafov” Bulgarian Theatre and Film Academy. He specializes in drama direction in the class of Prof. Knebel at Moscow Theatre and Film Academy and drama direction in the class of Prof. Tovstonogov at Petersburg Theatre and Film Academy.
Petko Radilov was the first director who experimented with taking the genre TV Theater outside the confines of BNT studios and working in close partnership with some of the most famous scriptwriters, he has created the first TV feature films in Bulgaria
As a director Mr. Petko Radilov has made numerous original TV works – he is the author of the series “Ambassadors of Bulgaria” (36 episodes) and the unique esthetic show “Hot Line”, “Voices From Infinity” – a four-part production – “Breath”, “Vocalisa”, “Eternity”, “United Worlds” (1994). The former President of the Republic, Prof. Zhelio Zhelev, has given this TV film as a gift to many official foreign delegations on numerous occasions including the former President of the United States – Bill Clinton; “Hidden Harmony” (1998); “All Is Love” – a TV feature film (1998).He is the director and a co-writer of the film “Faith, Hope, Love” which marked the official launch of the Satellite TV Channel “TV Bulgaria”.
He won best performance awards as:
- Golden Rose TV Festival, Montreux – the first ever Bulgarian participation in the competition program of the 30th Anniversary edition of this prestigious Swiss festival – 1990 with the film “Magic Key”;
- Golden Rose TV Festival, Montreux – 1991 – “Love for Tiredness” – included in the competition program;
- Pamporovo International TV Festival – 1989 – First Prize for the film “Magic Key”;
- Golden Antenna International TV festival – 1990 – Best Director Prize for the film “Magic Key”;
- Golden Antenna International TV festival – 1991 – First Prize for the film “Love for Tiredness”;
- Festival Europeo “Teatro in Televisione”, Pescara, Italy – 1991 – Second Prize for the film “Jump with the Window Closed”;
- Golden Antenna International TV festival – 1994 – First Prize in the Category for Children Films for script and direction – “Pouh Bear”;
- Golden Rose TV Festival, Montreux – participation in the TV Market – with the film “United Worlds” 1994.
- “Dancing Over Live Coals” – 1995 -1’* Prize at the Golden Antenna TV Festival;
In 2002, he moved to live and work in New York, USA and is currently the President of Mesmerized Productions.