I was born in Cairo, Egypt yet currently reside in New Jersey with my husband and children. My study of art began at the Visual & Performing Arts High School Magnet Program. I then attended the School of VIsual Arts in New York City, NY and graduated with honors in2003 with a BFA in Fine Arts. A lot of my photographs have been taken in my travels (many are from Egypt). I use those photographs for my paintings.
In addition, I have painted murals in St. Simon Monastery in Cairo. This experience led me to Zana Briski who appointed me as Project Director and to teach the Kids With Cameras Photography Workshop.
I have taught art in many places including: public, private, charter, and non-profit schools.
- Group Exhibit, Gourgaud Galery, Cranbury, NJ August 2016
- Members’ Non-Juried Exhibit, The Center for Contemporary Arts, Bedminster, NJ June – Sept 2016
- Art and Motherhood, Stone Hill Church of Princeton, Princeton NJ Jan – March 2016
- Art in Heaven, Lowes Historical Theatre, Jersey City, NJ Annually 2010 – 2016
- Society for Photographic Education, Emmanuel Gallery, Denver, CO Feb – Apr 2008
- 2008 Convention: Agents of Change: Art and Advocacy
- March Women’s Month, Rotunda Gallery, Jersey City, NJ March 2005
- Jersey City Artist’s Studio Tour, Citywide Exhibition, Jersey City, NJ 2004 and 1999
- BFA Open Studio, School of Visual Arts, New York, NY Dec. 2002 & May 2003
- Blessed be Egypt my People, Rotunda Gallery, Jersey City, NJ May 1999
- Beyond Shades of Gray, Five Corners Public Library, Jersey City, NJ March 1999
- Artist in Residence, Hall Farm Center for Arts and Education, Townshend, VT September 2003
- Silas H. Rhodes Scholarship, School of Visual Arts, New York, NY 1999 to 2003
- Governor’s Award in Art Education, Recipient, NJ Governor’s Office, Trenton, NJ 1999
- Gold Key Winner, Regional Scholastic Art & Writing Competition 1999
- Jersey City Student Representative, Jersey City Board of Education 1998 to 1999