Ann C. Taylor began studying watercolor at the age of fifteen. She graduated from the High School of Industrial Arts in Manhattan, and then continued her studies at Brooklyn College where she completed her B.A. in Fine and Applied Arts. Ann also studied at The School of Visual Arts, the New School for Social Research, and the Yard School of Art in Montclair, New Jersey. Now, she is an award-winning Verona watercolorist and the member of the New Jersey Watercolor Society, The Garden State Watercolor Society, and the Essex Water Color Club. Ann recently completed a two-year term as President of the New Jersey Watercolor Society and is a past president of the Essex Water Color Club. Her paintings cover a wide variety of subjects, but many include the compositional element of water, and also her love of color and light. Ann has participated in several juried exhibitions and has had seven solo shows.
By Alexa Varga
- First Place, Art Centre of New Jersey, Spring 2010
- First Place, Clifton Arts Association, Spring 2010
- Second Place, Park Avenue Club, Annual Open Show, 2008
- Awards of Excellence, Essex Watercolor Club Member Shows, April 2009, December 2005, Fall 2004
- Lettie Steinhart Award for Best Watercolor, West Essex Art Assn, Open Juried Exhibit, January 2007
- Best in Show, Milburn-Short Hills Art Center, Juried Art Exhibition, Fall 2006
- The Garden State Watercolor Society Award, Open Juried Show, Fall 2006
- The New Jersey Herald Award, Skylands Open Juried Art Show, Summer, 2006
- Best in Show, West Essex Art Association, Member Exhibition, Fall 2004
- Best Watermedia Painting, Community Arts Assoc, National Open Juried Show, March 2002
- Best in Show, West Essex Art Association, Open Juried Show, January 2000
Plus a host of Awards of Excellence and Merit.
Feel free to check out Allen’s website: www.AnnAndAllenTaylor.com