2013 – Jan 10 @ 7pm – “New Brunswick Through Photographers’ Eyes” – Juried Show – Call for ArtistsPosted on Jan 1, 2013 in events | 1 comment
The Alfa Art Gallery would like to invite artists to submit work for the New Brunswick Art Salon, Photography’ 2013 – Juried Show for Emerging and Professional Artists. All submissions must be in by December 25, 2012. Artists will be notified if their work is accepted by December 26, 2012. The exhibition opening will be held on January 10, 2013. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
About the Exhibition
In 2013, the Alfa Art Gallery decided to extend this program and add a third Salon to its calendar in the winter dedicated to showing the work of emerging and established photographers. With the addition of the third New Brunswick Art Salon, each of the three will be dedicated to a different medium of art.
The photography salon has been designed in collaboration with New Brunswick City Market in order to cover the greatest interest of different organizations looking for professional photographs of New Brunswick. The archive will capture the diverse cultures and demographics of the city in a moment in history.
Opening Reception: January 10 @ 7-10pm
Exhibition Duration: January 10 -29, 2013
Please note, all entries accepted into the 2013 New Brunswick Winter Art Salon will be reviewed and considered by New Brunswick City Market for use in future marketing and promotional opportunities (listed below), based on approval and agreement with the artist(s).
- Special Event Promotions (New Brunswick Restaurant Week, Holiday Tree Lighting & other holiday-related events, Raritan River Environmental Festival, Summer Afternoons Music Series, and other special events)
- City Market Media including but not limited to NBCM social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, Hoot Suite, LinkedIn), the City of New Brunswick guide, www.NewBrunswick.com
- New Brunswick City Market partners (Rutgers University, New Brunswick Night Out, the City of New Brunswick, New Brunswick Cultural Center, and other establishments)
- Press Releases and Business Highlights released by New Brunswick City Market
- City Market Marketing and Promotions
- Online and television advertising
- Printed Marketing Materials for promotional use (flyers/calendars/etc)
- Monthly and Bi-Monthly E-Newsletters sent out by New Brunswick City Market
The applicants can be professional or self-taught photographers. Students and faculty members of Rutgers University and neighboring schools are encouraged to participate. There is no limit to the number of works submitted.
To enter for consideration, please fill out our “Portfolio Submission Form” and follow the submission instructions listed in it. There is no entry fee.
“New Brunswick Through Photographers’ Eyes”
Two professional and one emerging artists will be recognized as Best in Show from the Photography/Winter, Watercolor/Spring and Oil Color/Fall 2013 exhibitions during Alfa’s 6th Anniversary Group Exhibition in March 2014.
The program has been a big hit and is supported by grants from New Brunswick City Market and Middlesex County Cultural & Heritage Commission and historically the prize amounts have been: 1st place $500, 2nd place $300, 3rd place $200
This program is sponsored in part by: